Classroom HOIT courses are arranged as per the client’s request. Contact us to arrange a time that suits you best in Cape Town. Discount rates may be arranged for groups of more than 4 candidates.
Contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +27 (0)83 263 4439
We now offer our clients this course in a manner that would better suit the logistical constraints of those working in the aviation industry and at the same time reduce the costs associated with organising offshore training courses. This new self-paced online training course offers an affordable and practical way to gain the necessary certification required as a pre-requisite for further HERTM and HERTL training, in order to be certified as either HDA or HLO, in terms of OPITO and IOGP requirements.
The certificate will be valid for 2 years and is specific to Offshore operations.
HOIT COURSE PROFILE
Cost of this 2-day course is available upon request.
The HOIT training aims to equip the candidate with the initial knowledge, understanding, and skills required to perform the roles of offshore Helicopter Landing Officer (HLO) and Helideck Assistant (HDA) safely and effectively.
Who should attend this course?
Any person appointed or interested in being appointed to the role of either HLO or HDA. This course is a mandatory precursor for both HLO and HDA, before any candidate can be directed into one of these disciplines.
What are the benefits for attendees?
- Increased knowledge and awareness of basic structures, operations, and legal standards of helidecks and helicopter landing requirements.
- Increased safety levels of all helideck operations.
- Enhanced reputation and minimised exposure to risk for the operating company.
What does the course cover?
This 2-day certified course, which fully complies with OPITO standards and requirements, provides the prospective HDA and HLO with a comprehensive and in-depth insight into the legal and practical intricacies of helideck offshore operations with emphasis on helideck hazards and management systems as well as the HLO and HDA responsibilities during helicopter landing and departure on both attended and unattended installations.
More specifically, the course includes but is not limited to:
- Offshore Helideck Regulations and Guidelines
- UKCAA UKCAP 437 (Amended Edition 8)
- ICAO ANNEX 14 VOL II
- ICAO Heliports Manual
- National Regulatory Requirements (as applicable)
- Helicopter and Helideck Hazards and Management Systems
- Introduction to Helideck Crew
- Offshore Helideck Landing Areas
- Helideck Equipment and Systems
- Helicopter and Helideck Hazards
- Helicopter Refuelling Awareness
- HLO responsibilities during Helicopter Landing and Departure
- The Role and Responsibilities of the HLO and HDA
- HLO checks, procedures, and communications during Helicopter Operations
- The supervision of Cargo Handling
- The supervision of Passenger Handling
- Normally Unattended Installations (NUI’s)
- HLO and HDA responsibilities on a NUI.
Contact us for more information.
HELIDECK OPERATIONS INITIAL TRAINING (HOIT)
Available online, contact us for registration.
Or talk to us about arranging a place and time to do this 2-day course at your convenience.
HELICOPTER LANDING OFFICER (HLO)
HELICOPTER EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAM MEMBER (HERTM) AND HELICOPTER EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAM LEADER (HERTL)
Available online or talk to us to arrange the course or combined courses at your convenience.
OFFSHORE METEOROLOGICAL WEATHER INTERPRETATION TRAINING (OMWIT)
Available online or talk to us to arrange an OMWIT course at your convenience.
OFFSHORE HELI REFUELLING
Available online or talk to us to arrange a Heli Refuelling course at your convenience.
HELIDECK INSPECTION AWARENESS TRAINING (HIAT)
Available online or talk to us to arrange a 2-day course at your convenience.