OPITO has revised its Training Standards for HDA qualifications. The document HELIDECK OPERATIONS INITIAL TRAINING (HOIT) Standard rev. 0 Amendment 2 outlines the new standards for HLO and HDA certification.
In addition to holding a Dangerous Goods Certificate, the prospective Helideck Assistant now has to complete both:
- The 2-day Helideck Operations Initial Training (HOIT), and
- The 3-day Helicopter Emergency Response Team Member (HERTM).
On completion of these 2 courses, the candidate can be certified as a HDA.
Flight Safety Africa offers an online option for both the 2-day HOIT course and the 3-day HERTM course in order for the certified candidate to be OPITO EQUIVALENT, as per the requirement of IOGP Report 690.
Flight Safety Africa can also recommend a CAA Certified online course for the Dangerous Goods Certificate.
Flight Safety Africa can also offer a 5-day combined HOIT and HERTM course that adheres to OPITO Standards and is therefore recognised as OPITO Equivalent. This will cover all aspects of the required Helideck Operations Initial Training and Helicopter Emergency Response Training.
The Combined HOIT and HERTM course covers:
- Legal references for all Helideck Operations.
- Helicopter and Helideck Management systems and potential hazards.
- HDA normal operations and emergency responsibilities during landing and take-off on both attended and normally unattended installations.
- Supervision of Passengers and cargo handling.
- Emergency response preparedness.
- Desktop practical for HDA Emergency Response scenarios.
Price of the course on request.
Contact us for more information or to arrange a date and venue that will suit you!
HELIDECK OPERATIONS INITIAL TRAINING (HOIT)
Available online, contact us for registration.
Or talk to us about arranging a place and time to do this 2-day course at your convenience.
HELICOPTER LANDING OFFICER (HLO)
HELICOPTER EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAM MEMBER (HERTM) AND HELICOPTER EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAM LEADER (HERTL)
Available online or talk to us to arrange the course or combined courses at your convenience.
OFFSHORE METEOROLOGICAL WEATHER INTERPRETATION TRAINING (OMWIT)
Available online or talk to us to arrange an OMWIT course at your convenience.
OFFSHORE HELI REFUELLING
Available online or talk to us to arrange a Heli Refuelling course at your convenience.
HELIDECK INSPECTION AWARENESS TRAINING (HIAT)
Available online or talk to us to arrange a 2-day course at your convenience.